Thursday 7 February 2013

Photography elective

Photography elective

For this project I had to produce 3 minute video piece composed of still images. I tried to experiment with different ideas to try to find story which would be interesting to work with.

Inspired by Sam Taylor Wood's work Still life and A little death I tried to experiment with same idea of slow motion video. So I took photos of ice cream melting, but it was not telling the story so I have decided to try few more ideas.





                                                                                 
I started to look at portrait photography and Bill Violas work Six heads. He looks at diferent facial emotions(expressions). I tried to experiment with studio lighting and how lights can change whole story of image. I really enjoyed working in studio and learning things about studio lights. Here are some photos I took in studio.




 
For my 3 minute video I decided to work with images of street musician and people passing. I was interested in how different people interact with street musician. As background music I chose recording of street noise and musician playing.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment