Wednesday 16 January 2013

Fashion elective

Hand knitting project

In hand knitting workshop we were introduced to create your own yarn for hand knitting.
To make yarn from recycled material I used old shredded T-shirt combined with white acrylic yarn. For this swatch I used needles size 8mm, 10mm, 19mm. By changing size of knitting needles you get different density of  fabric.
 
Also by making loops in smooth yarn different kind of yarn can be created and  by changing size of a knitting needle fabric you knit will look differently. Fabric on a left side is knitted with size 10mm knitting needles and right side been knitted with a size 8mm needles.
 
Also by combining different color yarns  you can create multi-strand yarn. To create this yarn I selected one of prints I did before as my reference for colors. 
 
I also experimented with dyes.To dye raw yarn I used materials I could find in my kitchen such as herbal tea, spices etc. 

 
Felted yarns I made during workshop.







No comments:

Post a Comment